Print marketing is effective and classic marketing technology. About 30% of customers admitted that they decided to buy goods or go to the site because they received an e-mail from the company.
A label printing in Ottawa, ON is effective for information, collecting feedback, and messages, attracting traffic to the website, and generating direct sales. A newsletter is not a “magic wand” but plays an important role in a marketing strategy. Let’s think about how to prepare and manage an email newsletter for our business.
Preparations for the newsletter: milestones
Treat email as a business tool. From this point of view, your messages can perform the following functions:
- Educational Messages
- Informative messages
- Entertaining messages
According to this, you can set a goal for email marketing:
- Lead generation (attracting customers who are ready to place an order). This is perhaps the main purpose of many emails.
- Increase audience loyalty. Conducting a dialogue with consumers, providing active assistance, and solving problems using letters.
- Introducing traffic to the site: clicking on links attached in letters. Links can lead to product pages or be used as informative content.
To achieve one or more of the above goals, you must be prepared accordingly.
Decide what you want to achieve in your email marketing campaign
Email can achieve multiple goals—for example, one goal is for each target group of recipients. It can be:
- Increase sales (initial and recurring goal)
- Increased media engagement
- Increasing the average test size
- Growth in website traffic
- Improvement in loyalty metrics
The goal should be clear and realistic. For example, “increase resale by 30%.” Don’t underestimate metrics: set real tasks for your company.
Target your audience
It is imperative to split all your subscribers into target groups and generate relevant offers for each of the groups. To do the targeting, you’ll need to collect subscriber information. Here are some options for collecting the data:
- Subscription form in the form of a short questionnaire (city, gender, age, etc.)
- On-site surveys for registered visitors.
- Activity data from the CRM system
Conducting research for the audience
Determine who your recipients are and who you work for. The content and design of the letters, the frequency of sending, and the style of writing depend on the answers to these questions. You need to create a portrait of the subscriber (ideally, the portrait is a representative of each targeting). You have probably already noticed that this task is related to the previous task.