People of any age can suffer from hearing loss, and it can have various causes such as damage to the ear, being exposed to loud noises, reactions to drugs, etc. Most of the time, preventing hearing loss is beyond a patient’s control. But there are a few steps that one can do to lessen the progress of hearing loss, prevent the risk of hearing loss, and also cure it permanently.
Preventions for hearing loss
Aging is not inevitably a reason for hearing loss, but there are various other causes for it. It is sometimes possible that hearing loss can be prevented or slowed down by maintaining a healthier lifestyle and by including healthy practices into one’s routine. Preventing hearing loss does not require aggressive measures but little changes such as:
- Avoiding noisy places as much as possible
- Use earplugs or earmuffs when necessary to protect your ears.
- In case of any ear-related ailments, one should immediately consult an expert and not take it carelessly. Proper care can only be taken through a proper and timely diagnosis.
- One should always take medication after proper consultation with a physician as some drugs can also have hearing loss as a side effect.
- One also needs to stay away from places with heavy noise as regular exposure to an excess of noise can also lead to hearing loss.
- Using personal earbuds and earphones at a normal volume and avoiding excess usage of them.
Can hearing loss be cured?
In most cases, it is not possible. However, there are few circumstances where it is a possibility. Sometimes earwax concentration in the ear can cause temporary hearing impairment, which can be cured by cleaning. Ear infections are sometimes responsible for causing temporary hearing impairments. In some patients, sudden hearing loss occurs. But these are also reversible and can be treated with certain pills, but one needs to take sudden action if and when this occurs as a delay in the treatment can lead to permanent hearing loss. There are many ways to prevent hearing loss, but its efficiency is still not guaranteed.